Join Us — Support Boston's Jazz Scene
JazzBoston is the umbrella and advocacy organization for the entire Greater Boston jazz community. When you join or donate to JazzBoston, you are supporting the free services this website provides to musicians and fans as well as a range of educational programs, special events, and advocacy initiatives designed to spread the word about Boston’s exciting jazz scene and keep it growing. The success of our efforts depends on the generosity of every one of you who has ever been inspired, excited, or entertained by jazz.
New Membership Partners and member benefits are added frequently. Sign up for the JazzBoston Newsletter to keep posted.
- Scullers Jazz Club, a Boston fixture since 1989 and frequent winner of "Best of" polls, located in the Doubletree Guest Suites Boston, overlooking the Charles River
- The Regattabar, which has drawn crowds and awards to its location at The Charles Hotel in Cambridge since 1985
- Ryles, a musical fixture in Cambridge's Inman Square for decades and one of the area's most popular Sunday jazz brunch destinations
- Darryl's Corner Bar & Kitchen, which made former customers of Bob's Southern Bistro very happy when it opened in 2010 at the same Columbus Avenue location in the South End
- The Regent Theatre, known as Arlington's "Showplace of Entertainment," for all jazz and jazz-related events
- The Amazing Things Arts Center, Framingham's magnet for a wide range of music, theater, and children's and family events, for jazz and jazz-related shows (JazzBoston members receive the same discount as Amazing's own, approximately 15%)
- The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum for its Thursday evening jazz series, "Jazz at the Gardner," an eclectic mix of great performances in an extraordinary setting (discount applicable at all price levels, includes entry to the museum's three floors of galleries)
- The Boston Pops, for jazz concerts at Symphony Hall
- The Jazz Club at the Multicultural Arts Center, the beautiful cabaret-style club in the former Real Deal space in Cambridge
- Brookline's Vernissage Restaurant on "Jazz Thursdays at Vernissage" evenings (Russian-influenced "global fusion" menu)
- The Chianti Tuscan Restaurant and Lounge in Beverly, the North Shore's hottest spot to hear live jazz, presented four nights a week
- Bella Luna Restaurant & Milky Way Lounge, the Jamaica Plain entertainment hotspot, for its "Jazz Supper with Bill Banfield & Friends."
For discounts at all these venues, just show your membership card at the door, or when calling for advance tickets, give your name and member number. Ticket discounts vary by venue, but most are $2.00. At venues without a cover charge, the discount, usually 10%, will be applied to your meal.
World Music/CRASHarts offers JazzBoston members a 20% discount, subject to availability, on tickets to performances that fit under the big umbrella of jazz. Tickets must be purchased in advance, and handling fees apply. For phone purchases, call 617.876.4275 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. If you purchase your tickets online, use the code JazzB20 when you check out.
NEC's School of Continuing Education offers JazzBoston members a 15% discount on all classes, lessons, and ensembles in jazz and other genres. Instructors include NEC faculty, current and former Boston Symphony Orchestra members, and working jazz artists. A great opportunity to earn credits or study for pure pleasure.
The Arts & Business Council of Greater Boston, which provides highly relevant support services to artists and arts organizations, offers JazzBoston members a 20% discount on a wide range of seminars, workshops, and webinars. To get information about a particular program or register online, email D'lynne Plummer, Director of Professional Development, and give her your membership number.
Every time a new member joins, Boston's jazz community expands a little. JazzBoston's membership program has five levels of support, and every level makes a difference.
- Friend $20
- Personalized membership card
- Discounts at participating clubs and other venues
- Invitation to annual Members Appreciation Party
- Contributor $50
- All Friend benefits plus a JazzBoston t-shirt or tote
- Donor $100
- All Contributor benefits plus a signed CD of a Boston-based jazz musician or a copy of Rchard Vacca's highly praised book, The Boston Jazz Chronicles: Faces, Places, and NIghtlife 1937-1962
- Patron $250
- All Donor benefits plus an intimate reception with Boston-based jazz musicians
- Benefactor $500 or more
- All Patron benefits plus our undying gratitude
Click here to join now or give a gift membership to a friend.
Click here to make a donation.